On Friday, June 3rd and Saturday, June 4th, delegates gathered virtually and at the DCU Center in Worcester to endorse candidates for statewide office, including Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary, Attorney General, Treasurer, and Auditor, ahead of the Democratic Primary this September.
2022 Convention Schedule
Here is the schedule of the past convention.
- May 4: Charter amendments & resolutions due to the state party.
- May 10 to 21: Amendment & resolution signature window. Charter amendments and resolutions not recommended for approval by their respective committees must receive 500 delegate signatures through an online form provided by MDP.
- May 24 to 31: Amendment & resolution voting by electronic or telephonic ballot. Amendments and resolutions may include short statements for and against from their respective committees or delegates.
Friday, June 3rd
- 7:00 PM: Convention programming begins. Friday night, we will take up the nomination of Treasurer Goldberg.
- 9:00 PM: Convention will recess approximately at 9 PM until Saturday
Saturday, June 4th
- 9:00 AM: Attendance Roll Call opens virtually and in person.
- 10:00 AM: Saturday programming begins
- 11:00 – 11:30 AM: Convention pauses to finish attendance roll call which closes at 11:30 AM
- 11:30 AM: Beginning of consideration of candidates in reverse order: Auditor, Attorney General, Secretary of the Commonwealth, Lieutenant Governor, and Governor.