The Massachusetts Democratic Party (MDP) is committed to developing the next generation of leaders! Apply today to the MDP JFK Scholarship & Joe Moakley Internship Programs.
The MDP is offering scholarship and paid internship opportunities to all students enrolled in college or post-secondary programs and 2020 college graduates and post-secondary certificate holders who are residents of Massachusetts and registered Democrats.
Applications with the following documents must be received no later than April 14th, 2020 at 5:00 PM and must be submitted here: http://bit.ly/2020JFKMoakley
- Applicant must be a Massachusetts resident
- Must currently be enrolled in a two- or four-year college or university, a post-secondary school program, or be a 2020 college graduate or post-secondary program graduate
- Applicants eligible to vote must be a registered Democrat in Massachusetts. (Register Here!) Applicants ineligible to vote should provide engagement in a Democratic Organization (i.e Young Democrats of Massachusetts, College Democrats of Massachusetts, Bay State Stonewall Democrats.)
- 2.5 minimum GPA
- Commitment to public service and desire to be politically active
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Cover Letter of Application
- Essay (300-word limit)
- One-page Resume
- Unofficial Transcript
- 2 letters of Recommendation
- For Internship Applicants: Commitment to work as an intern with MDP and/or a policy organization or local community-based organization working on issues that advance MDP platform goals. Internships begin on Monday, May 11, 2020. This date is flexible, however, as we realize that school schedules vary.
- For All Candidates: Commit to attend the Massachusetts Democratic Convention at the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell on May 30, 2020.
Essay for JFK Scholarship Candidates: Discuss how President John F. Kennedy has inspired your life. How do you ensure that his values are manifested in your own activism?
Essay for Congressman Joe Moakley Internship Candidates: Discuss how Congressman Moakley or any other Massachusetts Member of Congress or the U.S. Senate has inspired your political beliefs and values. What would you do in your internship to ensure that they are reflected in your work?
- The Selection Committee will choose candidates based on the application package and interviews.
- Interviews are mandatory and will be scheduled for Monday, April 21, 2020 and Tuesday, April 22, 2020.
- Candidates may apply for the JFK Scholarship, Moakley Internship, or both. Only one application package is required. The essay topic is the choice of the applicant.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate leadership skills; proven commitment to public service; past political activity or desire to become active members of the Democratic Party; a strong commitment to MDP values; and an ability to work with diverse communities.
- Successful candidates will receive a $3,000 scholarship or $2,000 internship stipend
If you have questions, please contact Technology and Training Director, Jeremy Comeau, by phone 617-939-0800 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.