JFK Scholarship & Joe Moakley Internship Program
The Massachusetts Democratic Party is committed to develop the next generation of leaders!
Apply today to the MDP JFK Scholarship and Joe Moakley Internship Programs.
The MDP is offering scholarship and paid internship opportunities to all students enrolled in college or post-secondary programs and 2018 college graduates who are residents of Massachusetts and registered Democrats.
Applications are due by Friday, May 4th, 2018 at 5pm.
Applications with the following documents must be received by May 4, 2018. They may be emailed, mailed or hand-delivered to David Kaplan, Massachusetts Democratic Party (DavidKaplan@MassDems.org; Massachusetts Democratic Party, 11 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108).
- Applicant must be a Massachusetts resident
- Must currently be enrolled in a two- or four-year college or university, a post-secondary school program, or be a 2018 graduate
- Must be a registered Democrat in Massachusetts
- 2.5 minimum GPA
- Commitment to public service and desire to be politically active
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Cover Letter of Application
- Essay (300 word limit)
- Essay for JFK Scholarship Candidates: Discuss how President John F. Kennedy has inspired your life. How do you ensure that his values are manifested in your own activism
- Essay for Congressman Joe Moakley Internship Candidates: Discuss how Congressman Moakley or any other Massachusetts Members of Congress or Senators have inspired your political beliefs and values. What would you do in your internship to ensure that they are reflected in your work?
- One-page Resume (optional)
- Unofficial Transcript
- 2 letters of Recommendation
- For Internship Applicants: Commitment to work with MDP and/or policy organization or local community-based organization working on issues that advance MDP platform goals.
- For All Candidates: Must commit to attend the State Convention on Saturday, June 2, 2018, in Worcester, MA.
- The Selection Committee will select candidates based on the application package and interviews.
- Interviews are mandatory and will be scheduled in May.
- Candidates may apply for the JFK Scholarship, Moakley Internship or both.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate leadership (or potential leadership) skills; proven commitment to public service; past political activity or desire to become active members of the Democratic Party; a strong commitment to MDP values; and an ability to work with diverse communities.
- Successful candidates will receive a $3,000 scholarship or $2,000 internship stipend.