2018 Spring Internship Program
The Massachusetts Democratic Party is currently seeking applications from highly motivated college students and graduate students to engage in a 16-week spring internship program.
This program will provide participants with an opportunity to engage with the Massachusetts Democratic Party as we prepare for the 2018 State Convention and 2018 coordinated campaign. Interns will have an opportunity to learn about the structure of the Democratic Party and help advance progressive values in the Commonwealth. In addition to working directly with senior staff on special projects, interns will have the opportunity to learn about the functions that keep a political party running. Tasks may include answering the phones, maintaining our voter and fundraising databases, putting together relevant news briefings, and managing office mail, voicemail, and email.
- Internships run from January 15th through May 11th
- We have two internship tracks available: Digital and Political Operations. Digital interns will work with our communications, social media and messaging teams. Our Political Operations interns will work with the main office staff, engage in community outreach efforts, and support upcoming elections. Both tracks will have shared experiences in the office as well as individualized projects. Please specify your preference in your application.
- Internship schedules are flexible, but require a 12-15hr/ week time commitment, primarily at the Massachusetts Democratic Headquarters in Boston.
- Political, campaign or government experience is a plus but is not requisite.
- There are no citizenship or residency requirements for interns.
- All internships are unpaid. When applicable, we will gladly assist to qualify eligible interns for course credit.
- Please note any other time commitments during the year including classes, extracurriculars, volunteer projects and campaign work
Applications are due by December 8th.
- Cover Letter
- One-page Resume
Submit your application as one document via this link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/vjOl2WzsqJkb87IB0DIg