March 17, 2016/Press Releases
FIVE QUESTIONS GOVERNOR BAKER SHOULD ANSWER REGARDING HIS SECRET OUT-OF-STATE TRIP TO ‘CONSERVATIVE CONFAB’
In light of today's page 1 Boston Globe news story that Governor Baker secretly left the state to speak at a right-wing confab off the coast of Georgia – coupled with his continuing silence about his secret money fund cited in a letter earlier this week from Chairman Tom McGee – the Massachusetts Democratic Party is calling on Gov. Baker to answer five not-so-secret questions:
1) Have you gone out of state without telling the truth to voters before?
2) Why not come clean on sources of dark money for political activities?
3) What were you trying to hide by not telling voters about secret trip to the right-wing getaway?
4) Have you made any other trips over the past 18 months to meet with Karl Rove or other Republican operatives?
5) Will you now pledge to start releasing full public schedule on website?
Bonus Question: Are you concerned that we will lose our No. 1 status for clean energy efficiency and life sciences jobs?