Massachusetts Democrats believe that growing our economy is one of the most pressing issues facing our state. We believe in the importance of job creation and economic opportunities for all to strengthen our Commonwealth’s middle class. We support strengthening our economy through continued investment in infrastructure, transportation and education. We believe that focusing on our labor force will drive economic success.
Massachusetts Democrats support:
- Continuing and strengthening our current and historic focus on innovation;
- Our long-term industries, including agriculture, fishing and manufacturing;
- Continued workforce education to ensure that our workforce remains competitive;
- Investment in transportation infrastructure linking communities to each other and to jobs across the Commonwealth;
- Continued investment in sustainable, environmentally and socially responsible green jobs and 21st-century green technologies; and
- Tax policies that are equitable to both workers and businesses.