Massachusetts Democrats believe in full equality, regardless of gender, and recognize that gender discrimination and lack of equal opportunity for girls and women are ongoing and pervasive problems which negatively impact us all. We seek to eliminate all forms of gender discrimination and to ensure equal opportunity for girls and women.
Massachusetts Democrats Support:
- Equal pay for equal work and income and work support programs to increase economic security for women;
- Increased gender balance on corporate boards, non-profit boards, and executive and judicial branches of government;
- Recruiting and supporting Democratic women candidates
- Protection of a woman’s right to choose;
- Full access to comprehensive health care, including reproductive health care and women’s cancer prevention, screening, and treatment;
- Ending domestic abuse and sexual assault, with measures to include age-appropriate anti-violence education;
- Relationship education as part of the sex education curriculum to promote healthy relationships;
- Full funding for childcare and early education; and
- Full funding for child support collection and enforcement.