Massachusetts Democrats believe in fiscal responsibility. We also believe that responsible investments today will provide positive outcomes in our communities for years to come. We believe in progressive taxation that provides sufficient revenues to adequately support, build and maintain the governmental infrastructure Massachusetts needs for long term prosperity. We believe that taxes and fees should be fairly distributed and reasonably assessed.
Massachusetts Democrats Support:
- Fair, equitable corporate and personal taxes and fees, which do not unduly burden low income families;
- Sustainable and predictable state revenue streams;
- Increased local aid and other forms of assistance to help cities and towns meet their needs;
- Strategically targeting tax expenditures toward lasting investments in our collective future;
- Planning and adequate funding for long term responsibilities, including infrastructure and retirement costs;
- Increasing savings by making government more efficient; and
- Eliminating tax exemptions for goods which are damaging to public health.