When: Saturday, September 19, 2015.
Where: MassMutual Center, 1277 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01103. The entrance to the MassMutual Center is at the corner of Main Street and Falcons Way.
Registration: Registration will be from 7:30AM-1:00PM on Saturday, September 19th. No credentials will be given out after 1:00PM. (This contradicts the information in the Call to Convention, which says registration will only be open through 9:00AM; Please disregard that information. 1:00pM is the correct end time.)
Bags & lanyards: Lanyards and the traditional tote bags will be available at registration.
Delegate Fees: If you were elected a delegate to the convention at your local caucus, you can pay your delegate fee by clicking this link, or by check at the Convention. Students, seniors and disabled delegate fees are now $75, and general elected delegate fees are now $100.
Delegate Fees - Paying at Convention: At registration we will be accepting the following forms of payment - please read carefully!
- Check - this will be the easiest form of payment, and the fastest way to move through registration. If your address is listed on the check, you will not be required to fill out a contribution form.
- Credit Card - We will not be able to process credit cards immediately. We will provide credit card contribution forms, and contributions will be processed back at the office within 3-6 days of Convention.
- Cash - We will accept cash up to $100 per person, but we will not be able to provide change. Anyone paying by cash will be required to fill out a contribution form.
Credentials: For all those who paid their delegate fee or submitted a fee waiver by August 7th, credentials are arriving by September 12th. Those paying after the August 7th deadline will be able to pick up their credentials at the registration table at the convention.
Fee Waivers: All fee waiver applications were accepted. We notified fee waiver applicants of this by email. If you did not receive an email, please contact our office at (617) 939-0800 so we can confirm that we received your application and collect your email address.
Guest Passes: If you'd like to attend Convention as a guest, please fill out the form online here. You can then pay the fee here, or by check in person at the Convention. If applicable, please see the fee waiver link above.
Call to Convention: Here is the 2015 Call to Convention!
Session A 1:00-1:45PM
- Racial Injustice & the Voting Rights Act*, Ballroom A
- Running for Office: How and Why, Meeting Room 1
- Labor and the Democratic Party, Meeting Room 2
- Organizing Opportunities Now, Meeting Room 3
- ADA Turns 25, Meeting Room 4
- Income Inequality, Meeting Room 5
Session B 2:00-2:45PM
- Social Security & Medicare, Meeting Room 1
- Growing & Diversifying Our Party, Meeting Room 2
- Education, Meeting Room 3
- Organizing a Strong DTC, Meeting Room 4
- Dem Tech: Social Media and More, Meeting Room 5
Speakers: We will hear form local, state and federal officials as well as representatives from some of the 2016 presidential campaigns.
Events: The Host Committee party will be held from 8:30-11:00PM on Friday, September 18th at the MassMutual Center. The event will feature live music, appetizers and a cash bar. For more event information, please refer to the Call to Convention, which can be found online here.
The entrance to the MassMutual Center is at the corner of Main Street and Falcons Way.
Traveling North on I-91, take Exit 6 (Springfield Center), onto East Columbus Avenue. Continue up East Columbus Avenue (about ¼ mile) to Court Street. Take a right onto Court Street and proceed past Symphony Hall, City Hall and Sovereign Bank. The MassMutual Center is located at the corner of Court and Main Street across from Court Square.
Traveling South on I-91, take Exit 7 (Springfield Center Columbus Avenue). Turn left at the light at the end of the ramp. Circle under the highway and go straight through one light. Take a right at the second light onto Main Street. The MassMutual Center is located at 1277 Main Street across from Court Square.
Traveling West on Rt. 90, take Exit 6 off the Mass. Turnpike to Rt. 291. From Rt. 291 take Dwight Street Exit. Turn left at the end of the ramp and follow Dwight Street to the MassMutual Center.
Traveling East on Rt. 90, take Exit 4 onto I-91 South.
Parking: Parking is available in the Civic Center Parking Garage located at 22 Falcons Way, Springfield, MA 01103. This Civic Center Parking Garage is operated by the Springfield Parking Authority; The MassMutual Center does not own or operate any local parking facilities.